Are you seeking…
- To be surrounded by smart, hard-working, and caring people?
- To feel proud of the work that you do?
- To make a difference and positively affect lives?
- A truly supportive team culture?
- A dynamic, growing, cutting-edge company?
— Chantal Dumas, QA Manager
“One of the best companies to work for! I’ve had such positive experiences. The support and sense of community is amazing! I’m right where I should be!”
— Trina Jones, Project Manager
“The team environment is great. Even though we’re not sitting in the same physical location, the collaboration and support I’ve experienced has been amazing!”
— Krisa Brilliantes, Creative Director
— Heidi Bruins Green, Performance Consultant and Instructional Design Contractor
“I love working with the SweetRush team! Everyone I have worked with has a high level of professionalism, expertise, strong work ethic, and quality leadership. I have a great amount of respect for all I have worked with and I have enjoyed projects that are challenging and push me to be my best.”
— Steve Chamberlain, Instructional Design Contractor
Are you up for the challenge? As a Senior UX / UI Designer you’ll working with the Creative Director in the production of visual concepts and final designs for digital courses, websites and applications, gamified solutions and much more!
- Ideation, brainstorming and development of digital/interactive solutions
- Conception and creation of graphic interfaces that address user goals as well as business goals
- Translation of product requirements into wireframes and prototypes
- Creation of multiple solutions thinking through all possible user scenarios
- Refinement, maintenance and enforcement our clients' design guidelines
- Creation of UI libraries, templates and assets
- Preparation of style guides
- Organization and promotion of user research activities
- Planning, conducting and facilitating usability testing sessions
- Sharing your knowledge and skills with your fellow teammates as a way to improve the results of the team
- Additional duties as assigned
- 3+ years of verifiable experience in UX / UI design
- Outstanding, flexible, creative, stylish design skills
- Obsession with crafting simple, intuitive, and delightful user experiences and designs
- Conceptual and visual problem solving skills
- Experience working within existing brand guidelines
- Solid portfolio demonstrating expertise in the design of intuitive and user-friendly interfaces in web and mobile projects
- Proficiency with design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, After Effects etc.)
- Proficiency with wireframing and prototyping tools (Axure, InVision, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq, Flinto and others)
- Experience with user research tools and techniques (user and stakeholder interviews, card sorting, persona creation, usability testing, etc.)
- Impeccable communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analytically defend your design decisions
- Deep empathy for your users
- “Roll-up your sleeves” attitude to get things done
- Self-motivated and passionate about learning
- Neither scared of giving, nor receiving constructive and honest feedback
- Excellent time-management and organization skills
- Ability to juggle with various projects and meet tight deadlines
- Perfect written and spoken English
Remote, you must have your own computer and a stable Internet connection
Costa Rica (UTC/GMT -6 hours) and countries with a similar time zone
Please note, Ruby on Rails and Linux Server IT expertise are required and essential skills you must have for this position.
SweetRush is 13 years in operation and growing. Our IT has been handled by our amazing IT Director, and now we need a second motivated engineer to join this small but critically important team. Our IT team ensures the stability, integrity and efficiency of our operations and our IT infrastructure.
But there is more: not only will you be working on IT, but also on creating innovative software to support and optimize our development and production environments.
This is a unique opportunity to work for an amazing company with a united and motivated team in Costa Rica.
A few reasons to join SweetRush!
- Working from the comfort of your home (no tie required!)
- Work with great people in a company with an amazing culture!
- Partner with an experienced and creative IT / Programmer.
- Be part of a company that is helping to improve the lives of people
- Be charged with building innovate custom tools that you will see be used by people who appreciate your work!
Some of the things you will be doing include:
- Participate in the design, implementation, and maintenance of the Ruby on Rails applications that support our products and services (i.e. helping to create customized automation and productivity tools for internal applications).
- IT Support:
- Provide installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems server-side software and related infrastructure.
- Perform daily system monitoring, server resources, systems and key processes.
- Resolve day-to-day operational issues ensuring effective and timely resolution
- Protect and insure the stability of the operational systems as well as maintain the integrity of the data they contain.
- Help staff troubleshoot technical issues with internal apps, email, etc.
Skills & Requirements
- DevOps enthusiast – with previous experience in a Programming and Server Admin role
- 5+ years of experience of TDD development in Ruby on Rails (must have experience using RSpec or MiniTest)
- Strong Linux system architecture experience (Command-Line)
- Hands on experience with cloud technologies (i.e. AWS)
- Strong communication skills (technically & non-technically)
- 1+ years of experience of desktop support (including web applications, familiarity with Mac OS, Windows and Ubuntu, antivirus software, computer hardware troubleshooting, etc).
- Ability to prioritize and resolve multiple complex and critical issues.
- Basic server administration duties such as backup validation, server security patching, parse logs and callout suspect IP's.
- Experience working with and implementing different security practices and protocols (particularly spotting and mitigating hacking attempts).
Bonus Skills: PHP, C++, cmake, RVM, ssh.
If this sounds like your ideal job, click on “Apply Here” to submit your resume (please include salary expectations on your resume!).
PS: A bit about SweetRush—This year we will celebrate our 13th anniversary developing performance improvement / training solutions. We have a significant list of high-profile clients such as Bridgestone, Mars, PETCO,—and we are very good at keeping our clients happy and working with us year after year. We are a powerhouse of technology driven solutions and extremely adept at crafting highly engaging, graphically rich, elearning experiences, including innovative game mechanics combined with cutting-edge technology. We’ve developed a powerful authoring system that allows us to go well beyond what most vendors or off the shelf tools can offer and deliver, but we are also masters of the industry standard tools and utilize them regularly. We have a fantastic team and culture and a ‘near-zero’ turnover. We are that unique kind of company where everyone feels respected, acknowledged and treated fairly. In 2009, we went virtual and our team is geographically distributed, but very tightly connected.
We are winning the top industry awards! Top 10 E-Learning Content Development Company from eLearningIndustry.com, Gold awards from Brandon Hall for Best Sales Training and Best Use of Games, finalist for Blended Technology Learning In Practice Award from Chief Learning Officer, and a Crystal Award for Top Training Video Award from Training Magazine.
- Strong experience in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Advanced experience manipulating images: photo-retouching, image search, Resizing, Image montages, etc.
- Ability to create PDF’s from InDesign
- Experience in Branding, Infographic and Layout Design.
- Basic Motion Flash.
- Can produce sketches to demonstrate illustration ideas and concepts.
- Very detail-oriented and organized.
- Works fast and does not require a lot of direction.
- Fluent English
- Internet skills
- Experience in UI Design is a plus.
- Preferably located in Costa Rica
If you are interested in creating strong visuals to help the world communicate information better, please apply here. Be sure to include your hourly rate, preferred working hours and a short paragraph about yourself and what you can bring to our team. Please send over a few examples of your work as well as a brief description of the audience and business or social drivers behind it.
SweetRush Creative Director
Are you a Super-Star Multimedia Creative director, ready to work from home for a high-spirited, creative, fast moving eLearning company?
SweetRush is a US company focused on delivering training / performance improvement courses and on-line marketing materials. Started in San Francisco, we went virtual in 2009 and our teammates are located in the US and worldwide.
Much of what we do is ‘eLearning’ and we are at the top of the industry in graphical, interactive, immersive simulations, gamification. No matter what the deliverable our goal is to create an experience that engages learners in the process of change and the acquisition of knowledge to improve their performance.
We are extremely strong in this capacity and are looking for another very key member of our team.
Please read: Seriously, our creative team is very strong and headed up by John-carlos Lozano, a creative force of nature. We are looking for someone to operate at JCs level. If you are not an extraordinary creative super star talent, this is not the right position for you!!
This candidate should have strong conceptual skills and superior hands-on design skills related to graphics and interactive projects including UI design, mobile, web, gaming and always exploring emerging creative technologies. You should be familiar with e-learning and the underlying principles of why visuals have impact and can affect change.
- Start to finish creative direction
- Concept creation to storyboard creation and client facing and presentations
- Create visual mocks as well as final designs for projects and proposals
- Hands on creative development as needed
- Supervise, organize, inspire and collaborate with others on team
- Provide quality control and creative sparks over concepts and projects
- USA based preferred (in all cases, time zone compatibility required)
- Set up to work at home
- Experience in all the responsibilities identified above
- Capable of leading projects from creative concept to delivery
- Accomplished in using the full array of digital media creative tools
- Experience working in interactive multimedia, UI, web, animation, 2&3D, infographics, branding design and marketing
- Technology warrior, an inquisitive lifetime learner, not timid
- Excellent verbal and written English and comfortable presenting concepts to clients
- Excellent time management and a multi tasker
- You must be a warm, wonderful communicative team player.
- Passion and commitment!
If you are the right fit and extremely interested, please send the info below:
- Cover letter: Who are you and why are you the perfect fit for this position?
- Resume; please include your studies, work experience, creative passions and anything else you think appropriate
- Examples / links to your work or portfolio