Are you seeking…
- To be surrounded by smart, hard-working, and caring people?
- To feel proud of the work that you do?
- To make a difference and positively affect lives?
- A truly supportive team culture?
- A dynamic, growing, cutting-edge company?
— Chantal Dumas, QA Manager
“One of the best companies to work for! I’ve had such positive experiences. The support and sense of community is amazing! I’m right where I should be!”
— Trina Jones, Project Manager
“The team environment is great. Even though we’re not sitting in the same physical location, the collaboration and support I’ve experienced has been amazing!”
— Krisa Brilliantes, Creative Director
— Heidi Bruins Green, Performance Consultant and Instructional Design Contractor
“I love working with the SweetRush team! Everyone I have worked with has a high level of professionalism, expertise, strong work ethic, and quality leadership. I have a great amount of respect for all I have worked with and I have enjoyed projects that are challenging and push me to be my best.”
— Steve Chamberlain, Instructional Design Contractor
This is the ultimate position for someone who is a consummate instructional designer and project manager, as it embraces all Instructional Design and Project Management skills. This individual must love to craft solutions and to strategize and ‘win’ in competitive bidding situations. This individual is also great at building individual and organizational trust quickly by providing client centered consultation that includes facilitating connections between the client and various team members. This individual is also a great presenter who, by their voice, presence and intelligence, immediately engenders trust with clients on the phone or in person. This individual must enjoy this work and bring a sense of humor and a calm demeanor in the face of timeline driven challenges.
The SA is involved ‘up-front’, crafting solutions, and in this capacity will affect a significant number of projects. However, at some point you will hand off the project to the project team, so you will not be hands on in further development . Being consultative and impacting a lot of projects, but not doing the actual development must be appealing to you.
Responding to RFPs (Requests for Proposals) and crafting client solutions can be a demanding job that often is timeline driven and exists within the context of ‘competition.’ Does this energize you or stress you out? If it energizes, read on!
The Solution Architect’s responsibilities and activities include:
Consulting and Solution Design
- Applying understanding of instructional design approaches combined with SweetRush’s capabilities and expertise to create and define solutions to clients’ training challenges and needs
- Leading scoping meetings with clients to ascertain their needs; asking appropriate questions in order to gather information to propose a solution and documenting responses
- Providing real-time recommendations and consulting to clients to engage them, fuel discussions and built trust and rapport
- Leading internal discussions regarding new projects and defining the solution with assistance from internal team members
- Embodying and representing SweetRush’s values of partnership, fairness, creativity and customer service
- Participating in scope, price and timeline negotiations by revisiting any of these areas at the client’s or business development lead’s request and providing consultation on what might be altered within the solution while still keeping it feasible and effective; consulting with other team members on various aspects of the solution if needed to make these judgments
- Estimating work effort for the solution using sophisticated SweetRush developed calculator tools combined with input from team members
- Producing a high-level or detailed project plan (as appropriate) based on the client’s timing requirements, standard deliverable turnaround times and input from team members
- Writing comprehensive proposals outlining proposed solutions and tying back to SweetRush’s levels of interactivity;
- assigning specific proposal writing assignments to team members as appropriate and editing/shaping their language to fit with the overall tone;
- incorporating boilerplate or previously written proposal sections while maintaining the overall tone and ensuring that no legacy or inaccurate information is included
- formatting all written solution and proposals to be graphically appealing and clear
- Creating demo websites, using our demo website format, which are customized to accompany proposals or to move client conversations forward; identifying the most relevant portfolio pieces to share with clients while keeping privacy needs in mind
- Leading the development of and participating in capabilities presentations
- Leading RFP response efforts which typically embrace all of the above activities on a larger scale and often with shorter timelines
- Writing Statement of Work (SOW) contracts based on approved proposals
- Consulting on appropriate resource assignments based on project and client needs
- On-boarding (or handing off to) project managers, instructional designers, creative directors and technical leads assigned to projects on the project details, including any observations to date on key client players
- Attending initial meetings with clients as appropriate to provide continuity in the transition from scoping phase to project kick-off
- Ensuring that the appropriate SweetRush team leader is engaged and informed at all stages as appropriate, and that they have the high-level solution information packaged in a way that he/she can easily make decisions about pricing and price negotiations
- Participating in weekly internal business development meeting and ensuring the shared business development pipeline spreadsheet is up to date
- Determining next steps and deadlines at every stage and ensuring both you and other team members meet those requirements
- Work closely with other business development professionals and project managers to develop and manage accounts, including implementing client pursuit and reengagement strategies
- Proactively (time permitting!) identify and qualify sales opportunities with existing clients
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients
- Develop strategies that support existing clients and that identify, educate, and capture new points of contact within existing clients
- Meet with key decision makers and develop networks at all levels within existing clients
- Understanding of instructional design approaches and ways to map learning objectives to levels of interactivity
- Project management expertise, particularly the ability to engage team members and keep them on task in their contributions to deliverables and the ability to follow a standard process and make modifications as needed to achieve the best results
- Ability to create a solid proposed solution from which a contract can be created, without needing to do a comprehensive content analysis, for which there is often not enough time or information
- Excellent client and account management skills
- Ability to present capabilities demonstrations and training solutions using appropriate technology in group and virtual settings
- Experience in successfully participating in and conducting business development campaigns, using resources, and developing relationships with targeted decision makers
- Highly professional demeanor in all communications; ability to speak in a clear, concise manner on client calls and in presentations
- A sense of humor and a calm demeanor in the face of challenges others might find stressful
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills; ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize effectively
- Resourcefulness in times of resource limitations and ability to wear multiple hats
- Joy in developing long term relationships with team and clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design or related field (minimum!).
- 7+ years experience in training/learning field – with a strong understanding of all aspects of blended learning solutions, and intimate understanding of elearning
- 5+ years experience working in a consulting environment
- 5+ years experience working in a client-facing capacity.
- Experience in or orientation towards business development
- Expert level with MicroSoft Word, Excel and Project
We are experiencing significant but controlled growth, hence our need for our 4th Solution Architect!
Please note, Ruby on Rails and Linux Server IT expertise are required and essential skills you must have for this position.
SweetRush is 13 years in operation and growing. Our IT has been handled by our amazing IT Director, and now we need a second motivated engineer to join this small but critically important team. Our IT team ensures the stability, integrity and efficiency of our operations and our IT infrastructure.
But there is more: not only will you be working on IT, but also on creating innovative software to support and optimize our development and production environments.
This is a unique opportunity to work for an amazing company with a united and motivated team in Costa Rica.
A few reasons to join SweetRush!
- Working from the comfort of your home (no tie required!)
- Work with great people in a company with an amazing culture!
- Partner with an experienced and creative IT / Programmer.
- Be part of a company that is helping to improve the lives of people
- Be charged with building innovate custom tools that you will see be used by people who appreciate your work!
Some of the things you will be doing include:
- Participate in the design, implementation, and maintenance of the Ruby on Rails applications that support our products and services (i.e. helping to create customized automation and productivity tools for internal applications).
- IT Support:
- Provide installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems server-side software and related infrastructure.
- Perform daily system monitoring, server resources, systems and key processes.
- Resolve day-to-day operational issues ensuring effective and timely resolution
- Protect and insure the stability of the operational systems as well as maintain the integrity of the data they contain.
- Help staff troubleshoot technical issues with internal apps, email, etc.
Skills & Requirements
- DevOps enthusiast – with previous experience in a Programming and Server Admin role
- 5+ years of experience of TDD development in Ruby on Rails (must have experience using RSpec or MiniTest)
- Strong Linux system architecture experience (Command-Line)
- Hands on experience with cloud technologies (i.e. AWS)
- Strong communication skills (technically & non-technically)
- 1+ years of experience of desktop support (including web applications, familiarity with Mac OS, Windows and Ubuntu, antivirus software, computer hardware troubleshooting, etc).
- Ability to prioritize and resolve multiple complex and critical issues.
- Basic server administration duties such as backup validation, server security patching, parse logs and callout suspect IP's.
- Experience working with and implementing different security practices and protocols (particularly spotting and mitigating hacking attempts).
Bonus Skills: PHP, C++, cmake, RVM, ssh.
If this sounds like your ideal job, click on “Apply Here” to submit your resume (please include salary expectations on your resume!).
PS: A bit about SweetRush—This year we will celebrate our 13th anniversary developing performance improvement / training solutions. We have a significant list of high-profile clients such as Bridgestone, Mars, PETCO,—and we are very good at keeping our clients happy and working with us year after year. We are a powerhouse of technology driven solutions and extremely adept at crafting highly engaging, graphically rich, elearning experiences, including innovative game mechanics combined with cutting-edge technology. We’ve developed a powerful authoring system that allows us to go well beyond what most vendors or off the shelf tools can offer and deliver, but we are also masters of the industry standard tools and utilize them regularly. We have a fantastic team and culture and a ‘near-zero’ turnover. We are that unique kind of company where everyone feels respected, acknowledged and treated fairly. In 2009, we went virtual and our team is geographically distributed, but very tightly connected.
We are winning the top industry awards! Top 10 E-Learning Content Development Company from eLearningIndustry.com, Gold awards from Brandon Hall for Best Sales Training and Best Use of Games, finalist for Blended Technology Learning In Practice Award from Chief Learning Officer, and a Crystal Award for Top Training Video Award from Training Magazine.
Here at SweetRush we've been doing more and more Change Management in the context of our custom development engagements. We have decided to enhance this service across our services, as such:
1. Continue to encourage clients in our custom development work to include this expertise (as we know its important).
2. Offer our clients contract labor change management professionals in our emerging Staff Augmentation service.
3. Offer our clients change management facilitation services, educating them on how to embrace this discipline within their culture.
For the most part we are staffed at the moment (well, not entirely, see below), but if you are interested in being in our pool as these services emerge, we'd love to hear from you.
We do have two openings now for an engagement we are soon to begin. In this particular instance, you must have experience building 'culture' in a high-end hotel hospitality setting. If you do, let us know.
You are a change management / instructional design professional with years of solid experience under your belt.
If you are Prosci savvy, all the better, but it's not absolutely required.
If the above describes your interests and experience, please submit a current resume and your 1099 hourly rate range.
- Strong experience in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Advanced experience manipulating images: photo-retouching, image search, Resizing, Image montages, etc.
- Ability to create PDF’s from InDesign
- Experience in Branding, Infographic and Layout Design.
- Basic Motion Flash.
- Can produce sketches to demonstrate illustration ideas and concepts.
- Very detail-oriented and organized.
- Works fast and does not require a lot of direction.
- Fluent English
- Internet skills
- Experience in UI Design is a plus.
- Preferably located in Costa Rica
If you are interested in creating strong visuals to help the world communicate information better, please apply here. Be sure to include your hourly rate, preferred working hours and a short paragraph about yourself and what you can bring to our team. Please send over a few examples of your work as well as a brief description of the audience and business or social drivers behind it.
Lead Multimedia Designer
Senior multimedia designers are responsible for solving interactive challenges for digital media projects. Starting with concept development, through production and ending at delivery. You will closely with the project CD This can include web, interactive, gaming and mobile.
interactive and educational games
What You Would Do
Brainstorm ideas and concepts with team
Develop concepts mocks
Create wire-frames to show navigation and information flow
Create UI interfaces (mobile and web)
Understanding and assuring client brand compliance
Strong understanding and experience with UX design
Experience working with Multimedia projects // User Interface and Info-graphics
Strong and clean design aesthetic
Create or convert complex concepts or text heavy content info info-graphics (interactive and flat)
Applications only with portfolio
How We Work
We work in a very positive, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Team players come with new ideas and concepts (thinker not just a doer)
We are self motivated and proactive.
Excellent skills communicating
Excellent verbal and written English (a must)
Problem solving skills
Excellent time management with the ability to multi task and accurately set and meet deadline
Perfect attention to detail and facility to follow branding guidelines
Must own a computer and have internet access
Expert in the Adobe Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash.
Capacity of create animated prototypes
After effect and video editing
SweetRush Creative Director
Are you a Super-Star Multimedia Creative director, ready to work from home for a high-spirited, creative, fast moving eLearning company?
SweetRush is a US company focused on delivering training / performance improvement courses and on-line marketing materials. Started in San Francisco, we went virtual in 2009 and our teammates are located in the US and worldwide.
Much of what we do is ‘eLearning’ and we are at the top of the industry in graphical, interactive, immersive simulations, gamification. No matter what the deliverable our goal is to create an experience that engages learners in the process of change and the acquisition of knowledge to improve their performance.
We are extremely strong in this capacity and are looking for another very key member of our team.
Please read: Seriously, our creative team is very strong and headed up by John-carlos Lozano, a creative force of nature. We are looking for someone to operate at JCs level. If you are not an extraordinary creative super star talent, this is not the right position for you!!
This candidate should have strong conceptual skills and superior hands-on design skills related to graphics and interactive projects including UI design, mobile, web, gaming and always exploring emerging creative technologies. You should be familiar with e-learning and the underlying principles of why visuals have impact and can affect change.
- Start to finish creative direction
- Concept creation to storyboard creation and client facing and presentations
- Create visual mocks as well as final designs for projects and proposals
- Hands on creative development as needed
- Supervise, organize, inspire and collaborate with others on team
- Provide quality control and creative sparks over concepts and projects
- USA based preferred (in all cases, time zone compatibility required)
- Set up to work at home
- Experience in all the responsibilities identified above
- Capable of leading projects from creative concept to delivery
- Accomplished in using the full array of digital media creative tools
- Experience working in interactive multimedia, UI, web, animation, 2&3D, infographics, branding design and marketing
- Technology warrior, an inquisitive lifetime learner, not timid
- Excellent verbal and written English and comfortable presenting concepts to clients
- Excellent time management and a multi tasker
- You must be a warm, wonderful communicative team player.
- Passion and commitment!
If you are the right fit and extremely interested, please send the info below:
- Cover letter: Who are you and why are you the perfect fit for this position?
- Resume; please include your studies, work experience, creative passions and anything else you think appropriate
- Examples / links to your work or portfolio
We are looking for key individuals who can lend proven skills as a Project Manager in a freelance capacity. SweetRush is truly a project management-focused company, and that focus has been the key to our success and to winning our clients for life.
You will be responsible for working closely with our clients and our team to create and deliver training materials that support our client business objectives and ongoing operations, using ADDIE and related models. The training solutions we provide are often blended, and most often have an emphasis on eLearning. Thus, not only is experience with WBT/CBT required, but you must bring a real passion for online training and interactive technologies.
The Project Manager is a client liaison and project team lead working with graphic designers, technologists, instructional designers, writers and engineers. The PM is responsible for the entire scope of the project, from inception to launch – both the “big picture” of the project and all the myriad day-to-day details. The PM has the ability to identify, anticipate and manage risks, resulting in a smooth, efficient, on-time, on-budget project experience. Specific responsibilities include:
- Ownership of the client relationship throughout the project, acting as the project "hub" and primary contact point
- Setting and managing client expectations with the goal of achieving positive client/team interactions
- Providing clients with education and alternatives when challenges arise during the project
- Project status reporting, including risk management, budget tracking and change management, and issue tracking and resolution
- Designing and maintaining detailed project plans, including establishing realistic schedules and tracking key milestones and dependencies
- Managing all project resources in terms of prioritizing tasks and ensuring effective hand-off for dependent tasks
- Managing contractors who may be working virtually and in different time zones
- Overseeing and owning the quality of all deliverables
Our ideal candidate has the following skills, experience and personality:
- Minimum three years experience as a client-facing project manager
- Experience in the training field, preferably eLearning
- Expertise at driving digital media (ideally, eLearning) projects from pre-production to launch and managing risks
- Experience developing proposals, gathering estimates, and creating and tracking budgets
- Experience managing resources working on multiple projects and setting priorities
- Previous experience working with remote team members
- Preference for deadline-driven work that requires multi-tasking
- Excellent client management skills
- Excellence in verbal and written communication
- Strong knowledge of Internet technologies and solutions
- Some (even a basic, minimal amount) hands-on Internet and multimedia production skills
- Detail-oriented with an orientation to copyediting and/or quality assurance
- Fluency with MS Project, Visio and Office software (Excel, Word, PPT)
- Respectful, positive, approachable attitude
- A true interest and passion for people, their projects and life
This position is not an IT Project Manager position.
If the above describes your interests and experience, please submit a current resume and your 1099 hourly rate range for project work.