- Be surrounded by smart, hard-working and caring people.
- Feel proud of the work you do.
- Experience a truly supportive team culture.
- Be part of a dynamic, growing, cutting-edge company.
- Make a difference and positively affect lives.
Being virtual means we work with the very best talent all over the world.
Find out what it means to be virtual.
We appreciate your desire to be proactive and contact us directly via email or Linkedin. But...please do not. We just do not have the bandwidth to respond. Our process works well, and if you apply via this page, and if your skills line up with a need we have, we will reach out. We'd greatly appreciate your following this process!
Freelance Copy Editor
SweetRush is seeking a freelance copy editor to join our team. We develop learning and training solutions for a healthy roster of clients representing a very wide variety of industries, including hospitality, banking, health care, high tech, retail, nonprofit, and education. You are self-motivated and enjoy facing challenges—whether they be…
You are self-motivated and enjoy facing challenges—whether they be knowledge based, grammatical, or process oriented—as a member of a close-knit team. You have a natural curiosity about the English language. You take pride in clean copy—in catching syntax and grammar errors, eliminating wordiness, and pointing out questionable logic. For you, double-checking the spelling and capitalization of names and industry-specific terms is as natural as
breathing. You’re also the grammar guru—you’ve got the answers. And if you don’t, you know where to find them.
● Copy edit client learning and training materials: storyboards, scripts, and printed handouts.
● Copy edit materials from SweetRush’s Marketing team: blog posts, articles for learning industry publications.
● Create and/or update client style guides in Google Drive.
● Occasionally edit proposals and other documents for SweetRush’s Client Solutions team.
● Five years’ experience as a copy editor in a corporate or agency setting
● Experience working in Associated Press and Chicago style—expertise in Chicago style is a plus
● Highly organized and can simultaneously keep track of multiple projects and tasks on tight deadlines
● Willing to work under a fluctuating schedule: work can be added or canceled each week
● Positive and collaborative attitude
● Comfortable copy editing in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, Google Docs and Slides, and Adobe Acrobat
● Experience creating style sheets
Senior RoR Programmer
Senior Ruby on Rails ProgrammerWe’re looking for someone with a passion for programming and for writing beautiful code. Your primary focus will be the development of productivity tools. You will be expected to use TDD ( test driven development ) throughout the process. ResponsibilitiesParticipate in the design, implementation, and maintenance of…
- Participate in the design, implementation, and maintenance of the Ruby on Rails applications that support our products and services (for example: helping to create customized automation and productivity tools for internal applications).
- Use TDD (test driven development) throughout the entire lifecycle to ensure reliability and code and future maintainability of code.
- Debug and troubleshoot existing code.
- Write and maintain code using secure methodologies.
- Design robust, scalable and secure features.
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle.
- 5+ years of experience of TDD development in Ruby on Rails
- Strong understanding of TDD methodologies
- Strong understanding of the importance of unit tests
- Team player with excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Extensive experience using RSpec or MiniTest
- Excellent debugging skills
- Excellent ability for writing clean, readable, and maintainable Ruby code
- Familiarity with using Linux as a primary OS and development environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC frameworks
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful web service APIs
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- A clear understanding of unit test principles
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, primarily Git
- Comfortable with command line tools, e.g. bundler, rake, etc.
- Good knowledge of relational databases
- Knowledge of Docker and docker-based deployment
e-Learning Lectora Developer
eLearning Lectora Developer – remote and part-time. U.S.-based only. GENERAL INFO Remote U.S.-based only: The candidate must physically reside in the United States. This is a nonnegotiable job requirement. Part-time work with a variable workload: extension and/or full-time position are possible but not guaranteed. DESCRIPTION The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced Trivantis…
- U.S.-based only: The candidate must physically reside in the United States. This is a nonnegotiable job requirement.
- Part-time work with a variable workload: extension and/or full-time position are possible but not guaranteed.
The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced Trivantis Lectora developer, with a background in the eLearning industry. Understanding of instructional design principles or a background in instructional design are helpful but not necessary, as long as the candidate is not new to eLearning.
- Work is performed on the client’s systems via a virtual desktop environment. This means, among other things, that the efficiency of your work will rely on the power of your own computer and the speed of your internet connection.
- Ability to adhere to strict policies and procedures is a must
- A background check is required
- Performing eLearning development primarily using Trivantis Lectora. Other tools may be added to the mix, including but not limited to PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Working with internal SweetRush and client teams on the client’s eLearning projects
- Strict adherence to the client’s policies and procedures
- Attending project and team meetings as needed
- Trivantis Lectora
- Microsoft Office
- eLearning industry experience
Future Opportunity - UI/UX Designer
SweetRush is looking for a Senior User Interface (UI) Designer who lives and breathes UI and is convinced that proper UI is how the best companies stand above the crowd. As a Senior UI Designer, you’ll participate in the production of visual concepts and designs for digital courses, websites and applications,…
- Brainstorming and development of digital/interactive solutions, thinking through all possible user scenarios
- Create graphic interfaces that address both user and business goals
- Produce multiple screens and assets
- Create other graphic materials, such as infographics, emails, banners, etc.
- Maintain and enforce our clients’ design guidelines
- Prepare style guides
- Share your knowledge and skills with your fellow teammates as a way of improving the team’s results
- Additional duties as assigned
- 2+ years’ verifiable experience as a UI Designer
- Outstanding, flexible, creative, and stylish design skills
- Conceptual and visual problem-solving skills
- Experience working within brand guidelines
- Proficiency with design tools (Sketch, Zeplin, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator)
- Impeccable communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analytically defend your design decisions
- Self-motivated and passionate about learning
- Neither scared of giving nor receiving constructive and honest feedback
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to juggle various projects and meet tight deadlines
- Perfect written and spoken English
Don’t see the right position listed? Don’t go away, please apply here!
If you are extremely talented, take ownership for your work and are a team player we’d greatly appreciate if you’d send us your resume, even if you don’t see an open job post that’s right for you.Our core custom learning and development business has been growing and growing since 2001…
Future Opportunity - Instructional Designer
Role DescriptionInstructional design is the heart of our work at SweetRush, and the instructional designer is the person that makes that magic happen. Working as part of a cross-functional, highly creative team, the ID plans the instructional treatments to ensure that the learning solution is effective and engaging. ResponsibilitiesDesigns eLearning, vILT,…
- Designs eLearning, vILT, ILT, performance support materials, and other materials as required.
- Actively collaborates with the Creative Director at the earliest phases of the project to design engaging and effective learning.
- Interviews SMEs to collect content.
- Research and create content based on client brand.
- Uses documents such as the design document and storyboard to communicate with the development team and the client.
- Presents and explains authored project documents (such as the design document and storyboard) to clients.
- Receives and incorporates feedback from clients, internal team, and the Lead ID.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years of experience in an educational, corporate training, or professional services environment, with an emphasis on elearning and multimedia technologies
- Minimum 5 years of experience implementing adult learning principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- Ability to blend and implement multiple instructional modalities including vILT, ILT, eLearning
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and establish priorities
- Superb communicator on a remote/virtual team
- Confident, self-motivated, and detailed-oriented
- Capable of working effectively and efficiently in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Creative, innovative, flexible, and passionate about instructional design.
- Experience designing instruction that utilizes emerging technologies such as virtual reality, augmented reality, social learning, and gamification
- Experience with authoring tools such as Storyline, Rise, or Evolve
- Experience writing grants, proposals, responses to RFPs
- Experience as a trainer or teacher at any level
Future Opportunity - Illustrator
We’re always growing and will need more Superstars (hopefully you) to work with us on exciting and upcoming projects. This role is not for a project today. Our process is to explore if we are a mutual fit so that as soon as we need to expand we can reach…
Do you love to create amazing Illustrations? Do you have an eye for clean and artful concepts? If the answer is yes, we’d like to hear from you!
- Create vector illustrations
- Work with conceptual ideas and turn them into infographics
- Integrate illustrations into infographics
- Produce final assets to be delivered to developers
- Create and work with style guides
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Portfolio demonstrating experience
- Verifiable experience in infographic creation and illustration
- Flexible, creative, and stylish design skills
- Obsession with the details of each design
- Conceptual and visual problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Plus: General understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
- Great communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analytically defend your design decisions
- “Roll up your sleeves” attitude about getting things done
- Self-motivation and passion for learning and improving
- Confidence in giving and receiving honest, constructive feedback
- Excellent time-management and organization skills
- Ability to follow directions and perform well under pressure
- Proficient in written and spoken English
This is a remote position.
If the opportunity to help create SweetRush’s next amazing e-learning experience is a challenge you’ve been waiting for, we definitely want to talk!
Don't see the position you're looking for?
Don't go away; please apply here. We're always looking for new talent.
Check out the latest from our Instagram feed! Every two weeks or so we let a different SweetRushian “take over” our account and share the essence of their days working from home: what’s on their desk or on the menu for lunch, furry officemates, hobbies, family, and fun times…unedited and unfiltered! Well, that last part is up to them. 🙂